Saturday, April 13, 2013

Review: Never a Hero


Never a Hero
Never a Hero by Marie Sexton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Another novel in the Tucker Springs Universe.
It was a sweet, short story. Not really up to the normal standards for Marie Sexton.
I’ve read a few others of her book that I enjoyed very much.
This one felt like there was a lot to be said, that wasn’t.
We don't get much about the characters, as in background story or depth into their personalities. It felt rushed.
Owen comes from a family with a mother that is miserable and enjoys making everyone else just as miserable as her. Trying to overcome his disability and not letting it define him, he falls in love with his next door neighbour.
Enter Nick, the neighbour, who happens to have his own secret and past demons and you have two broken man trying to help each other be whole.
Like I said it was sweet, but it felt rushed.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment