Sunday, April 7, 2013

Review: Lover At Last


Lover At Last
Lover At Last by J.R. Ward

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



JR Ward better be writing next book as we speak.
This book was amazing, everything I was waiting and expecting and more, so much more.
The romance, what we were all not so patiently waiting for, is there. There is a lot of miscommunication and stupid male egos getting in the way, but it works, and in the end we get what we wanted.
Like any other BDB book the sup plots are there are maybe take the front stage once or twice during the book but is just the way the author works and writes.
Getting the reader invested in new characters, that will definitely be getting their own book.
I am looking forward to Xcor's book, first because I have mix feelings towards the Bastard, second because his story will be link to Layla (who I finally started to warm up to with this book) and that means we will see more of Qhuinn and Blay.
I want to read more from Assail too, not so much Marisol but...
The Shadows were intriguing too, Trez with the Chosen and iAm, who I think will work really well with Saxton. I want his HEA too.
So much going on...
Yes, I was excited to finally having Blay and Qhuinn together, naked but their story was about so much more.
Qhuinn's need for family, his need to belong somewhere and more importantly to someone that broke my heart. He couldn't get the words out.
But Blay; patient, caring and constant friend Blay, push him and gave him space as he needed. Was there for him and finally gave Qhuinn what he needed the most.
It was so easy to fall back into the Brotherhood world, I can't wait for the next one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment