Thursday, December 27, 2012

Review: FanGirl


FanGirl
FanGirl by Angel Lawson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This book didn't WOW me but it was a very entertaining read. Maybe is just that I'm too old for YA or maybe is just that Zombies are not my thing.
When you've been part of a fandom you've kind of seen it all. The drama, the tabloids, the are they/aren't they, the "He looks nothing like the MC"or any other issue.
I was, at times, having deja vu to some R/K fandom drama, hard to focus on Ruby and Andrew.
Well if you like or enjoy that type of things then you are going to love FanGirl, and even if you don't but you are a fangirl at heart you'll enjoy reading the adventures of Ruby.
Who is just your average geek girl but has her world turned upside down when she is cast as the heroine on the TV show version of her favourite comic book.
The love triangle is very interesting, I really liked the whole insight on the Hollywood lifestyle.
Like I said it was a very funny, entertaining book to read.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment