Friday, May 24, 2013

Review: The Zero Knot


The Zero Knot
The Zero Knot by K.Z. Snow

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



"Because I lay with him...I´ve caught a glimpse of heaven. Or I understand what I need. Or I have the courage to be myself."

Two boys, Jess & Dylan, understanding feelings that have been with them for a long time. Finally acting on them. And Facing the consequences.
This book had a bit of a slow start, but it was all part of the story development.
For both Jess and Dylan, facing who they really are was a hard step to take. And they both have different experience when it actually happens.
They are faced with the decisions that we all face at young age, when we are trying to find our place in the world.
After many misunderstandings, they finally find a way to walk that road together. They trust each other.
I absolutely adored Red, Jess´s younger brother, and his Dad was great too.
But there was something about Red, his view of the situation that was life altering for Jess and Red manage, with his snarky comments, to make it lighter in a way, but not less important.
You´ll get to scene where Jess slaps Red so hard, he regrets it instantly, but that scene was so powerful, I cried for those brothers, their love & connection, so real, amazing.
I couldn´t put it down, I was up until 2am last night, I needed to see Jess & Dylan make it. And be happier, stronger and whole on the other side.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment