Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: Cleave


Cleave
Cleave by Mickie B. Ashling

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



When I saw Cleave on NetGalley, I was not aware that it was part of trilogy.
I was interested in the BDSM side of the story, and even though I haven´t read the first two books it was easy to pick up where the story was coming from.
I found Sloan very interesting, and Trent working on the mysterious side.
The Edge play/knife play well plotted and developed. I am not an expert on the subject but considering Sloan´s past I think the author did a great job working around his state of mind and getting him to a better/safer place.
And with a Dom that was able to handle the situation, taking him into that subspace and bringing him back with a positive experience instead of a hurting one.
Sloan is a character that needs reassurance, need to be told that he is worthy and beautiful and that he is loved.
That doesn´t mean he is the weakest link in the relationship, for all his strong personality Trent lacks the strength to face his own emotions and share them.
Cole, Sloan´s ex-boyfriend, has some serious issues. I want to learn more about him, he is an interesting character.
I think it is a great book, my first time reading the author and I really like her style.
Like I said I am not a BDSM expert but the story line is pretty real and has a good flow.
I will be getting the first two books in the trilogy as soon as possible to get the complete story.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment