Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Review: Aiden's Luck


Aiden's Luck
Aiden's Luck by Con Riley

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I took some time after finishing the book, before rating it.
If you´ve read my updates, it wasn´t an easy book for me to finish. It was not supposed to be a burden but it felt like it.
Then why did I read it? Well, first because I loved the first two books in the series.
Second because I really think the author is very talented and I enjoy her writing.
And last but not least, I read it because of Marco, and that was the best part of this book.
I couldn´t relate to Aiden, his attitude towards life and his way of dealing with the mess his life was didn´t feel real at all.
If I have to give him one thing is that even though he took the responsibility to care for his family he never, ever complain or felt like a victim.
In his mind it just make sense, it was his duty. But there was just too much unnecessary drama.
The lack of communication felt just as an excuse to his behavior.
It had the potential to be a favorite but the going round and round in circles without solving anything got tiring in the end.
So much that not even the sex was good.
Aiden´s and Marco´s relationship, their connection was strong; you could feel their love but it was totally MIA in the sex scenes, the intimacy lost.
Marco, I wish he was real. Extremely supportive, caring lover and friend, and the best thing that could ever happen to Aiden.
Maybe the last third of the book got better; we finally made some progress with Aiden and got to tied up some loose ends. But it wasn´t enough to turn it into a great book.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment