Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Mine


Mine
Mine by Mary Calmes

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Does this book have a sequel? Because I honestly think there are a few chapters missing.
I felt in love with the author after reading [b:Acrobat|13594866|Acrobat|Mary Calmes|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1334035355s/13594866.jpg|19183334]but Mine was less than what I was expecting.
The thing with Mary Calmes writing is that is fast, there is always a lot of information and everything happens at the same time.
Here the fast moving thing was a disadvantage, the whole story got messy.
Landry, one of the main characters, I couldn't relate to him at all. He was too much for me, the bipolar, one moment up, the next down thing got tiring.
After 8 years without seeing his family, they share one breakfast and everything is forgotten and forgiven and we are all having Thanksgiving at Landry's and Trevan's house like nothing happened? Well, I don't think so.
I wish there was more about Trevan, his line of work, his relationship with Conrad and Gabriel, his new role in the betting world...those were really interesting characters.
Overall I enjoy reading it, but I was expecting a lot more.
I will most definitely read more from the author.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment